Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recipe Share

I'm not intending this to be a food blog, but I just have to share another recipe.

Orrechiette with roasted broccoli and walnuts from Real Simple:

I first discovered this recipe last year. I decided to add cannellini beans to the recipe for two reasons 1) because I've been obsessed with them ever since I had white bean and arugula crostini at Edo Squid in Richmond (thank you Collin) and 2) we wanted to add some protein to this vegetarian dish.
I had to stop eating it once I became pregnant with B, because the smell of it made me nauseous. So all my prego friends beware, the smell of the brocolli and beans may put you over the edge. So don't try this until you are out of your first trimester and your sense of smell is not so hyper aware. I made this recipe again this week and forgot how much I love it!

I also have to profess my love for Real Simple. I've given up some of my other magazine subscriptions now that B is around and I have no time to flip through them. But I've kept Real Simple, love it!!


The brocolli and walnuts before they went into the oven:

















And the finished product:

















p.s. I'm not the biggest fan of orrechiette, so you can subsitute any pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment