Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What's for dinner

I don't watch much of the Food Network, even though I know people who are obsessed with it. But over the weekend we had it on and I saw Paula Dean and her son make this recipe and we just happened to have everything we needed for the burgers so I tried it out and it was AWESOME! Or as Steve said it "F-ing Amazing, you're going to love it!"

Turkey Black Bean Burgers with Corny Salsa

Here is what the finished product looked like:
I made a few modifications, the first major one being that I didn't bother to make the "corny salsa" because I don't have time to make homemade salsa (I barely have time to make dinner).So we used jar salsa, but I think that once the weather gets warmer and the produce is in season the corny salsa will be a great addition (Lindsey, I'm thinking that hanging out in your backyard this summer with your fire pit and grilling up some of these babies sounds awesome). I also didn't bother to mix-up a whole batch of the special seasoning, I just threw in some onion powder, garlic powder, salt/pepper. I used the whole can of black beans and "hint of lime" tostidos because that is what we had in the house. I also added a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment