Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Girl

is 5 months today. And in honor of her 5 month birthday I just have to gush about how wonderful she is (or as Steve describes her "a dreamboat"). I'm really enjoying being a Mom. It's so fun! Of course it has its moments, nothing is perfect and talk to me again in 2 years when she's going through her terrible twos. But, she's a really great baby.
  •  She sleeps through the night, has since she was 6 weeks old, and she puts herself to sleep. All we have to do is lay her down in her crib and she'll play, and talk for about 10-15 minutes and then fall asleep. For instance, she slept for 12 hours last night.  (not trying to gloat or brag, because believe me I feel for my Mommy friends whose babies do not sleep).
  • We can take her anywhere and she is so pleasant-out to dinner, to visit friends, shopping.
  • Her smile just melts your heart
  • When we sing to her she smiles at us (either she is just humoring us since Steve and I are both terrible singers or she is actually enjoying it)
  • Our friend Lindsey taught her peek-a-boo the other night and she erupted into giggles. She's laughed a few times but this was the first time she's really laughed. It's the cutest sound. Now Steve and I are constantly trying to make her laugh
  • The pediatrician recommended we start her on solid foods (it's a little early but he thought she was ready). At first I was excited that she was reaching a new milestone, but then I got really sad that it was time to try solids. I felt like it was taking away some of her "babyness". She might be ready but I certainly wasn't. But we decided to give it a try, and I must say I'm really enjoying it. I've been making my own food for her (it's really easy), and it's been fun to see her reaction to new flavors and textures. So far she's had rice cereal and butternut squash. Today we'll be trying carrots.
  • I love dressing her up, I treat her like a babydoll :) Sometimes I dress her up in one of the many outfits she received just to take her picture. 
Well, I think that's probably enough gushing for her one post. Happy 5 months sweet girl. 

2 comments:

  1. Nichole, she is beautiful. Glad you are loving being a mommy and that she is so well behaved. It is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is SO sweet. i don't know how i didn't see your blog until now but i'm excited about it. love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete